2017 is shaping up to be an exciting year for the EUROPETOUR partnership. After celebrating the success of our previous project meetings in places as culturally attractive as Bad Wimpfen, Waidhofen, Suceava or Vicenza, the partnership is pleased to announce that the “EUROPETOUR family” will once again gather in 2017.
The first project meeting in 2017 will take us to the exciting destination of Veliko Tarnovo in Bulgaria, followed by the celebration of the Jubilee Year of Liébana in Potes, Cantabria. Both dates are in the spring, held from 5-9 April, 2017 in Bulgaria as well as from 7-11 June, 2017 in Spain.
Stay tuned and follow all of our publications and updates, using the #EuropeTour hashtag on Social Media for all of our ongoing communication about these events!
besides, europetour is represented at several high-profile (cultural) tourism trade shows, conferences as well as speaking opportunities across europe.
The following is a list of all presentation & communication opportunities where EUROPETOUR is pleased to showcase and highlight its activities.
Contact us anytime if you wish to participate and / or arrange for a meeting with one of our partners! We will be delighted to help you and meet you there:
- #NBEFinland: Our Social Media & communications expert Elena Paschinger, of Kreativ Reisen Österreich – Creative Tourism Austria, will be travelling to & speaking at the Finnish Travel Trade Show “Matkamessut” in Helsinki, focusing on moving “From Niche to Business” and highlighting opportunities provided by our European partnership.
- CMT Stuttgart: Represented by our partner Karin Drda-Kühn (KIRA Network for Cultural Tourism) and Tanja Seegelke (Tourism Destination Heilbronner Land), EUROPETOUR will be available there.
- ITB Berlin: On 9 March, 2017, EUROPETOUR is pleased to invite you for its annual press conference at the ITB Travel Trade Show in Berlin in connection with our Austrian partners of the 50plus Hotels Österreich / Kreativ Reisen Österreich. More details, as well as opportunities to meet with us at our partner’s booth, the Heilbronner Land in Baden-Württemberg, Germany, will be announced soon.
- Cultural Tourism Forum: On 4 April, 2017, EUROPETOUR is again pleased to welcome interested parties from cultural tourism networks, institutional levels, and municipalities in Germany to its cultural tourism forum at the Bronnbach Monastery. More details can be found here (only in German).
- Cultural Tourism Lectures: Throughout spring & summer of 2017, Elena Paschinger will also be teaching rural cultural tourism development, notably the achievements of the EUROPETOUR project so far, to international master students at the FH Joanneum in Graz & Bad Gleichenberg, Austria. As part of this teaching contract, EUROPETOUR will be examined in a thorough case study research, and potentially master thesis, of one of the students.
Last but not least, we wish to HIGHLIGHT some relevant statistics & analytics of the europetour partnership, looking back on a successful year in 2016.
In just over a year’s time, EUROPETOUR has managed to raise its Social Media followership to over a thousand, including subscriptions on Facebook and Twitter alone. Flickr, the partnership’s picture base, has more than 600 photos available for communication & download, including last months’ views of + 100. On Slideshare, reports such as the EuropeTour Analysis of Training Needs, have been viewed several hundred times, too, including source markets such as Germany, the United States, Belgium or even Canada!
Please refer to the following SlideShare presentation with the full version of the report here:
Up next: Development of training schemes & social media guidelines for stakeholders in cultural tourism management
Based on the outcomes of the EUROPETOUR survey, a multi-lingual training module as well as Social Media guidelines are currently being developed by our team. The target groups are staff of tourism agencies as well as cultural institutions. All such material will enable stakeholders in the field of tourism economy and culture to improve tourism market access and organise networked, well-linked offers for a better competitive advantage in an increasingly global marketplace.