Why is there a need for training in cultural tourism?
Cultural tourism in rural areas is an important part of local economies. However, professional qualification and communication strategies may not always compare to those found for cultural tourism in urban areas. The need for better training is obvious, both for voluntary and professional staff working in culture, tourism and all kind of service providers, such as accommodation, gastronomy, transportation, farms, cultural institutions, etc.
Stakeholders in culture and tourism are usually not trained to work together; they often “speak very different languages”. Cooperation is therefore key, especially when working in rural cultural institutions. Those stakeholders need good training materials in order to improve their skills in product development and marketing, in sales, financial planning, and overall business development.
The MULTI-LINGUAL TRAINING COURSE
In order to meet the above-mentioned training needs, the EUROPETOUR partnership has developed a set of eight modules that cover the following topics:
- M1 Destination characterization (strength & weaknesses, tourism policies, existing networks & support systems, data analysis)
- M2 Development and positioning of touristic products and services (target groups, partners, outreach)
- M3 Marketing strategy and planning (instruments, evaluation)
- M4 Distribution and sales channels (sales partners of cultural touristic products)
- M5 Communication strategy and planning (PR, social media, press relations, data analysis)
- M6 Networking and Cooperation (identification of stakeholders, development of network infrastructure)
- M7 Financial planning (access to funding, funding models, funding skills)
- M8 Development of a business plan
The modules are currently being made available one by one in seven European languages (English, German, Romanian, Italian, Bulgarian, Polish and Spanish).
Please refer to the already existing categories & languages, English, German & Spanish in the dropdown menu section of the EUROPETOUR Training Modules. We will keep you updated as soon as new languages, and training modules appear.